November 23, 2004

Fred Frith - Cage de Verre











Fred Frith - Cage De Verre
[From The Album "Nous Autres"]
[Sorcerer Sound Studios, NY - 01/06/91]

I recently saw the Andy Goldsworthy documentary "Rivers and Tides". I recommend it if you're interested in his work, natural and temporary outdoor art installations. I couldn't help but thinking that the soundtrack reminded me of Fred Frith's solo guitar pieces and was surprised to see that in fact he had collaborated with the filmakers as writer and performer for much of the soundtrack. It's available everywhere: "Rivers and Tides (Working with Time)". Here, for your listening pleasure, is a live performance from January 1991, together with René Lussier, entitled "Cage de Verre" from the official release "Nous Autres".


Buy at Amazon

1 Comments:

At 3:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is great. This is a name I have not heard in a while. Thanks for sparking up an old flame.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home