November 24, 2004

Think Tree - The Word











Think Tree - The Word
[From The Album "Eight/Thirteen"]

Thanksgiving Song #1 - "Think Tree" were a local Boston band - Boston is considered 'local' to us here in tiny Providence, Rhode Island. They had a couple of hits, "Hire A Bird" from "Eight/Thirteen" and "Rattlesnake" from "Like The Idea". I don't think they received much attention outside of New England and Google wasn't able to add much in the way of biographies or photographs. "The Word" is meant to be humorous, half the track is musical performance, the other half is evangelical, preachy performance art. Or, well... you decide. And PLEASE - I'm begging, comments anyone? Just let me know whether you like this or not. Or just say hello. Or tell me where your Blog is, or your dogs name, I don't care... I feel like I'm in an M. Night Shyamalan movie - I know someone's out there - my stats counter tells me so - but it's a one way communication. I'm friendly, really. Thanks.


"Eight/Thirteen" is out of print. The follow up "Like The Idea", with the single Rattlesnake, is available at Amazon

7 Comments:

At 1:43 PM, Blogger Peter said...

My dogs name is Max :)

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger Jason said...

Scott, contact me, maybe we can trade after the holidays. Thanks for writing.

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger Jason said...

Hey max, have a turkey leg Thursday...

 
At 3:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw Think Tree live at least 100 times. I had just turned 21 when they were recording 8/13, and was lucky enough to be in the audience when 'the Word' was recorded. At that time the Lemonheads had stopped performing, an DDT were one dimensional. Thank GOD for Tribe, the Volcano Suns, and Think Tree. Boston has always had an eclectic, yet supportive music scene. From La Peste to galaxie500.
I've gone through too many copies of 8/13 and would love to find one if any one wants to sell, or trade mp3's post here.

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger Munkybunny said...

I still have the eight/thirteen album that I asked for, for Christmas. I was also at that recording of The Word. I remember them having to play it twice because they messed up the first recording (which was a much better performance, in my opinion).
contact me at-
drspaceman99@yahoo.com

thanks,
Brian

 
At 4:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have TT's two cd's, i bought them eons ago. I don't remember how i discovered the band, but i loved them. I remember they were going to do a gig in my country (the Netherlands) and i was going to see them, but the gig was cancelled and soon after that they broke up. So i never had a chance to see them live...

 
At 10:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

103.3 WPRB (Princeton) and 91.3 WTSR (Trenton State) college radio stations used to play Think Tree quite often back in the day especially, "Hire a Bird."

They were a Krishna band (like Shelter) so their "preachy" parts weren't meant to be a joke.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home