January 02, 2005

Theme Week: Progressive - King Crimson











King Crimson - The Great Deceiver
King Crimson - Starless & Bible Black
[Asbury Park, NJ June 28, 1974]

There have been many King Crimson shows officially released over the years - visit Amazon for an exhaustive list of CD's. This performance comes from an unauthorized CD of a show which is dated June 28, 1974, though I'm suspect about the accuracy. There is an official CD titled "USA" which lists the same date, but not the same tracks as my boot CD. What gives? Inaccurate CD review? Sloppy bootleggers probably... Any Crimson fans out there can help? Regardless, the performance is top notch. I love Fripp's guitar - always have. King Crimson seems to be in a world of their own. A world that's nice to visit now and then. If I can correct or confirm the date, I'll post it here. Enjoy!


Buy at Amazon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home