December 30, 2004

Theme Week: Progressive - Peter Gabriel











Peter Gabriel - A Song Without Words
Peter Gabriel - Humdrum
Peter Gabriel - Modern Love
[Recorded Live April 9, 1977]
[The Roxy - Los Angeles, California]

I'm back for a bit, though still in-and-out until the first week of January. Hope you're all having a great holiday break. Our hearts go out to those lost and still suffering from the tsunami. It feels like the end of the world. Here is Peter Gabriel live from April 9, 1977. I'm not including "Here Comes The Flood" as it would be in poor taste I think. This recording comes from a bootleg CD which I assume has been recorded elsewhere in better quality. My version has the classic "bootleg" sound, maybe there's a pristine version out there somewhere, but I sort of like the sound this show has. I've read a review which mentions Robert Fripp on guitar, but during "Modern Love" Peter introduces the band without Robert Fripp, however an audience member shouts out, "What about Robert Fripp man?". Was he there or wasn't he? A mystery to ponder. Enjoy!


Details

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home