January 07, 2005

Theme Week: Big '80's - Joe Jackson











Joe Jackson - I'm The Man

Joe Jackson states the obvious: he's a man. [and it may be different for girls but is she really going out with him?] Joe Jackson is best known as a singer-songwriter but wants to be considered a composer, after all he's a former student of the Royal Academy of Music. That's him singing on the new Shatner / Ben Folds "Has Been" track, "Common People" [which is a surprisingly fantastic album...] Years ago when I was living in Boston and just launching my company, I'd visit Tower Records on Newbury Street (around the corner from the original Newbury Comics) to look at CD's I couldn't afford and instead I'd rent concert videos to record the audio portion onto TDK SA-90 tapes. Live music for the poor - but hey, they were good times. There was a particularly good Joe Jackson video which I think was this one [Live In Tokyo]. The first trio of albums, "Look Sharp!", "I'm The Man" and "Beat Crazy" are great. Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home